Friday, February 5, 2010

Throw Me Something, Sistah!


Sweet.

Not only do I get a weekend full of sunshine and carnival AND the Saints in the Superbowl, my blog has now reached 100 followers. I wish you could all be here in NOLA for what's going to be a weekend that will probably be one of the biggest parties OF ALL TIME. For serious.

But since you can't be here, I'll send Mardi Gras to you!

One of my very lucky followers will receive a box of Mardi Gras throws and other NOLA goodies (CC's chicory-blend coffee, carnival themed notecards, etc.) by random selection. I'll reveal the winner on Monday, but until then, there are plenty of ways to earn extra points.

Simply commenting below will earn you +1

Post about this contest on your blog, or link in your sidebar, or tweet, +2 (+6 if you do all three)

Post about how you want the Saints to win the Superbowl, +4 (had to throw that one in there, lol)

And if by Monday I have 110 followers, I'll select two winners instead of just one. 'Cause that's just how I roll. Also, if you could add up your points in the comments I'd really apprecate it. (Because I'm probably going to be hung-over on Monday and won't want to think real hard. Thanks in advance.)

So let's get this party started! Throw me somethin', Mistah!

15 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Have a great weekend, and I love the contest idea. Congrats on your 100 followers. Go Saints! (I think that gives me 2 entries.)

Susan R. Mills said...

Oh, wait, I apparently can't add. I have 5 entries.

Abby Annis said...

Is that a picture of you? ;)

Cool contest! Congrats on making 100! You're so awesome! :) So that's +1 so far for me. I'll be back later with my total.

Angie said...

Congrats on 100 followers. Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a great contest. Thanks!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I want those NOLA goodies! You really are going to have a weekend of coolness, aren't you?!

I will post an advertisement (ha ha) and a link in my sidebar, and I REALLY AM rooting for the Saints in the superbowl - GO SAINTS! :-)

Congrats on hitting 100!

(I think I have +9)

Roni Loren said...

Congrats on hitting 100! And you don't need to enter me in the contest since I get to go home pretty regularly and get my fix--bless someone else with a taste of NOLA. :)

Geaux Saints! I still can't believe they're in the Super Bowl.

Anissa said...

Way to go! Have an awesome weekend! Go Saints!

Anonymous said...

WHO DAT?!

Go Saints! Have a great weekend and live it up for me!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Just came back from Rouses, where all of us were in Saints gear. :)

And, of course, the krewes have been out riding all day in anticipation of tonight.

Mardi Gras in Houma. Have fun in NOLA!

lisa and laura said...

Congrats on the followers!!! Have a fabulous weekend!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Yay on 100-plus. Hope you and the Saints and all of NOLA have a rockin' Mardi Gras. Oh, how I wish I was there.

Tess said...

I have one Auntie in NOLA and one in Indiana. It's made the whole family sit up and pay attention to this game. Very fun!

Abby Annis said...

Finally got my post up today. I'm a little slow this weekend. I posted on my blog and tweeted it, so that's +5 total for me. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on reaching 100+ followers (you'll have one more as soon as I press "Post!") Rooting for the Saints!!!! Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Rebecca Knight said...

I'm late to the party, but I TOTALLY rooted for the Saints for the super bowl when everyone else was saying Manning made the Colts a shoe-in. WOOT!

Congrats on having 100 followers!!! You rock, Tere!