Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blog for a Dog—Because their paws don't fit on the keys.

Earlier I was trolling through the blogs I follow and saw this post on Books at Midnight.

I've always loved dogs. Especially old, mean, ornery, cantankerous ones. And they seem to love me back (because I'm quiet and move slowly and smell like food, I'm sure) My husband loves them even more than I do. Our dog is a 15 year old terrier/chihuahua mix, and she's about as cantankerous as it gets. Though you'd never get my husband to admit that. He's blind to her many, many, many faults. In our house, the dog is treated like a human who just happens to eat off the floor and have the ability to lick her own butt.

So. You can imagine how eager I was to share my love for dogs via a blog post—particluarly senior dogs—and at the same time do something to help dogs in need. Well, so can you! Sign up and post the information below in a post on your blog (along with a bit about your own love for dogs, if you like), and Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of dogfood to shelter animals. Only a few more days to participate! Check out the details below:


The following info is copied from Books at Midnight:


Details:
Pedigree is resurrecting is insanely successful Write a Post, Help a Dog program. In 2010, 391 bloggers wrote about the program and with each post, Pedigree donated 20 pounds of its Healthy Longevity dog food to shelter animals. In all, 7,820 pounds of food was donated to two shelters renowned for their care of senior dogs: Muttville Senior Dog Rescue in San Francisco and Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, Pa.

How you can help in 2011

Simply spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog 2011 and once again Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of food for each blogger's post. Here's all you need to include in your post:

  • The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness and food for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
  • For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs -- its best recipe ever -- to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition. 
  • The Pedigree Foundation -- a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
The Pedigree Foundation depends on charitable contributions from individuals to carry out its mission to help dogs find loving homes. In addition to writing a blog post, here's how you can help:

Then, link up to the Blog Hop, hosted by the Pedigree BlogPaws bloggers to help spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog.

6 comments:

Krispy said...

This is awesome! I guess I know what my Friday post is going to be about. :) Guess I'm saving the Tag post for next week. Haha.

Golden Eagle said...

I saw this on another blog as well--I am definitely posting about it! :)

Cynthia Lee said...

Wonderful. Thanks for doing this. I had a dog that lived to be 21 and he was definitely cantankerous as hell. I'm sure I was blind to his many faults also.

Susan R. Mills said...

Great idea! My dog is getting up there in age as well. I'll be so sad when he dies.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Love this! I'll try to do a post next week. :-)

Lola Sharp said...

Yeah, I've been seeing this great cause around the interwebs lately. I too love dogs (we have 2)...I love all animals. We donate to the Humane Society (and Habitat for Humanity and local food banks and the Red Cross, and a literacy campaign, and the ACS, etc., etc), but after I saw this last week on another blog, I donated to them too.

How are things going with the house purchasing? Do you have a closing date?

Have a lovely week! :)