Monday, February 28, 2011

Throw Me Somethin', Sistah! Winner!

But first, a few more Mardi Gras Public Service Announcements:

Tourists:

Please be warned that the green light at that crosswalk is for turning cars. The big yellow hand? That means you need to wait for the little walking man to show up. It isn't brain science, people. Or rocket surgery.

Also: Stop wearing flip-flops in the French Quarter.

You'll thank me later.

Seriously, when people come here, particularly during this time of year, it's like they leave their brains at the airport. Okay, rant over. Sorry, folks. Nothing to see here.

On a vastly more important note, I've tallied up everyone's entries, assigned them all numbers in the order you posted your original comments, and according to the random number generator, the winner is #11, which, by my count, is Icy Roses! Yay!

If you're unable to contact me by the end of the day with your snail mail, I'll figure out some way to track you down, but the sooner you get it to me, the better your chances of getting it this week! Mardi Gras is in 8 days, people! Sorry to everyone who didn't win, but here are some pics from Saturday's night parade, Pygmalion to ease the blow. (Or possibly make your Mardi Gras fever worse, I don't know)



And just to make you hungry, here are some of the delicious shrimp we ate, and a link to an awesome recipe for Louisiana style barbecue shrimp, with a fun little friendly debate in the comments. We love our food almost as much as we love talking about food here in New Orleans!
Did I mention that my husband's 21 year old niece and two of her friends are coming to stay with us? My husband keeps telling me that they're adults now and not to freak out, but I'm such a worry-wart sometimes. They're going to have a ton of fun, I'm sure! Stay with me throughout the week for more pics of my Mardi Gras Madness!

10 comments:

JEM said...

Darn! I will need to track this Icy Roses down and finagle him/her out of some delicious chicory coffee...congrats!

Krispy said...

Congrats to Icy Roses!

Mardi Gras looks fun, but I don't know if I could deal with the crowds. Thanks for the tip on flip-flops though! Being from California, I practically live in flip-flops. XP (But not in crowds...)

Looking forward to your pictures! I'll just imagine I'm there.

XiXi said...

YAY I WIN! I NEVER WIN ANYTHING! Thank youuuuu!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Noooooooooooo! Say it isn't so! *sigh* Countdown begins for next year. Maybe the third time will be the charm! LOL. :-)

Hannah said...

mmmm, now I want some shrimps.

Congrats Icy Roses!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Well, boo for me, but congrats to the winner. I want those shrimp. Now.

Abby Annis said...

Congrats, Icy Roses!!

Have fun with your houseguests! :)

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations, Icy Roses! :)

Thanks for the pictures!

Tere Kirkland said...

LOL, Shannon, you were only 1 number away, if that counts for anything (probably not). ;)

Yay, Xixi!

Glad you all liked the shrimp. At first I thought it was stupid to post a pic, but they ARE some pretty nice shrimp. :)

I will definitely be posting more food pics in the coming days!

Lola Sharp said...

Man!! I suppose congrats are in order for Icy Roses (congrats!), but.... NOOOOO!!!
I wanted to win this contest SO BAD. *pouts* *stomps feet* *sobs*

The shrimp! *drools*

Have a fab mardi gras week.

Love,
The Seriously Sad Loser Lola