Science of the Week, 3/24/17
2 days ago
- To enter the contest you must be a follower of our blog (duh) and comment on this post. That earns you one entry.
- You can earn one extra entry by Blogging/Tweeting/Facebooking about the contest.
- Fill out this form (also attached at the end of this post) to place a bet on Lisa or Laura (or both if you want to hedge your bets and you've earned an extra entry).
- We are going to hold a live sister writer arm wrestling competition that we will post next Wednesday April 14th at 8 AM.
- All of the followers who have placed bets on the winning sister (if you bet on Lisa and Laura wins, you are out of luck my friends, so choose your Roecker sister wisely) will be entered into a lottery for these amazing prize packages:The Reader Package:
- STUPID CUPID (signed copy!! hoorah!) by Rhonda Stapleton
- HOW TO TEACH FILTHY RICH GIRLS by Zoey Dean
- THE HOLLOW by Jessica Verday
- JERK CALIFORNIA by Jonathen Friesen
- UGLIES and PRETTIES by Scott Westerfeld
- Lots and lots of chocolate
- A fabulously warm blanket to curl up in while you're reading and chowing down on delicious chocolate.The LIAR SOCIETY Package:
- Two Starbucks Gift Cards (So you can buy Kate's favorite drink: a full-fat Frappacino with extra whipped cream.
- A fabulous pearl necklace (Um, just don't ask us if it's real okay? If it makes you feel any better, Kate's pearls are fake too.)
- A DIY Pineapple Pizza Kit (Kate's favorite dinner! All you'll need to do is add cheese. Trust us, it's better this way.)
- A bike bell (Kate's sole method of transportation is her trusty 10-speed and the school bus.)
- A 10 page critique of your manuscript or WIP.The Grand Prize Roecker Extravaganza Package:
- Glee Soundtrack Volume 1 and Volume 2
- A variety pack of every Twizzler known to man, aside from the rainbow kind because those don't count.
- A bottle of Prosecco (sparkling wine if you're an underage/on-the-wagon winner).
- A t-shirt that will officially christen you as The Fourth Roecker Sister (or Sibling if one of our three male followers wins).
- Business Cards or Stationary Designed especially for you by the ultra-talented third Roecker sister, Stacey owner of PoochiePrints.Not bad, right? Well, at least it's better than giving away a copy of a book that will never exist. So, please enter and tell all of your friends. And get really excited for the big vlog/contest winners announcement next Wednesday. We're taking this VERY seriously.
to Literary Agents - ''Dear Lucky Agent'' Contest: Middle Grade and Young Adult
(with agent Regina Brooks): "CONTEST DETAILS
1. This contest will be
live for approximately fourteen days—from March 31 through the end of Wednesday,
April 14, EST. Winners notified by e-mail within 14 days of end of contest.
Winners announced on the blog thereafter.
2. To enter, submit the first
150-200 words of your book. Shorter or longer entries will not be considered.
Keep it within word count range please.
3. This contest is solely for
completed book-length works of middle grade and young adult fiction (kids
4. You can submit as many times as you wish. You can submit even if
you submitted to other contests in the past, but please note that past winners
cannot win again.
5. The contest is open to everyone of all ages, save those
employees, officers and directors of GLA's publisher, F+W Media.
e-mailing your entry, you are submitting an entry for consideration in this
contest and thereby agreeing to the terms written here as well as any terms
added by me in the 'Comments' section of this blog post. (If you have questions
or concerns, write me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Top 3 winners all get: 1) A critique of 10 pages of your
work, by your agent judge. 2) A free one-year subscription to